Wednesday, November 14, 2012
First aid
Just sitting here thinking about that course.. A few things I remember from that course...
Of course, I learned a lot of things, but there were rather memorable moments too...
Like making the trainer embarrassed by my question regarding CPR on women wearing push-up bras, or being mean and constantly asking for longer breaks...
A few conversations I can't forget...
After the theory test:
"These three people have to stay back after class (means failed the theory). *says two names*. Nur.......... Fa...........i......zah"
"Who is this? Faiezah?"
*Raises hand*
"Who are these three?"
*Two other people raise hands*
"Ok. These three stay behind."
............. *eyes bulge in disbelief*
"No lah. These are the ones who paid attention in class. They got full marks."
.
.....................................
Almost got a heart attack -.-'
After dismissal, I approached the trainer with a question that's been bugging me for the whole week:
"All that we've learnt is for us to help a third person. What if we ourselves are having a heart attack?"
"Then you wait for someone to help you."
"................"
"Don't worry, there are alot of first-aid-trained people out there."
"What if we're at home and there's noone else there?"
"Then........................." *grins* *shrugs*
"Then we die."
"Not die la. Just pray lorh."
............................... That's comforting..... o.0
Then there was the one when we were trying out unconscious choking for infants, and one of the facilitator... frowned...? at the way I did it.. When I looked at him, he said something along the lines of me doing it... ok..?
There was also the part where the trainer said not to cut the noose directly but to cut along it. I got confused. So I asked........... And asked............. And asked............ Until a facilitator clarified.
There was also the trainer failing at Math, counting down, "10, 9, 8, 6...."
And the most memorable part was probably during one group discussion, the trainer came to our group and asked if we had any questions. When we said yes, he immediately regretted asking. xD
And all the group discussions after that, he made sure he had gone to all groups before finally entertaining ours.
Yes. We were awesome ;)
And I'm a first-aider now ^,^
Love,
EFJ
♥;*~♪~*;♥
6:39 am